Want to know more about Crib Safety?
Basic Baby & Kids Furniture Safety
- MATTRESS SIZE Any mattress used in our full sized cribs must be at least 27-1/4 inches (69 cm) by 51-5/8 inches (131 cm) with a thickness not to exceed 6 inches (15 cm).
- RETIRE YOUR CRIB When a child is able to climb out or their height reaches 35 inches, they should be placed in a youth or regular bed and the crib should no longer be used.
- TODDLER BED WEIGHT LIMIT There is a 50 lb. limit on the toddler beds.
- CRIB PLACEMENT Do not place a crib near a window where cords from blinds or drapes may strangle a child.
- IMMOBILIZER KIT Drop side cribs are no longer legal for manufacturer or distribution. If you have an older drop side crib, contact Bassett using our online form regarding the available of an immobilizer kit.
- ADJUST MATTRESS SUPPORT When the child is able to pull and stand, set mattress support to lowest position and remove bumper pads, large toys, and other objects that could be used as steps for climbing out.
- WATERBED OR AIR MATTRESS Do not use waterbed or air mattresses with the crib.
- TIGHTEN SCREWS Periodically check to see that all screws are securely tightened.
- NO PLASTIC MATTRESS COVERS Never use plastic shipping bags or other plastic film mattress covers because they can cause suffocation.
- ANCHOR CABINETS TO THE WALL All Bassett chests and dressers ship with an “anti-tipping” kit attached to the back. It is the buyer’s responsibility to install the kit properly by anchoring each cabinet to the wall. Instructions are provided in each kit.
Bassett recommends you visit the Consumer Products Safety Commission website for its “Safe to Sleep Crib Information Center.” http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Safety-Education/Safety-Education-Centers/cribs/
We meet or exceed all applicable federal safety standards and our cribs are certified by the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA).
JPMA’s website is a great resource for new parents with lots of useful information about buying baby products.
Click the logo to visit jpma.org.